Doing research for a school paper? You need these 100 Google Search Tricks for the Savviest of Students.
These tricks make it easy to use Google as a reference tool.
- Get definitions: Find definitions for words, abbreviations, and more using define:.
- Get a timeline: With view:timeline, plus a keyword, you can get a timeline for the topic.
- Find numbers: Add phone to your search, and Google will look for anything that looks like a phone number.
- Do fact searches: Population, location, motto, and more are all available as Google fact searches.
- Glossary: With a word, plus ~glossary, you can find glossaries, lists, and dictionary entries for the word.
- Conversion: Google's search makes it easy to convert any unit of measurement.